Easy Hairstyles for Long Hair to do at Home
In need of inspiration for your long hair? Here are four do it yourself hairstyles with step by step instructions just for your long hair.
- First detangle your hair, next part your hair down the middle and vertically into 2 sections.
- Holding one section, tie them into a single shoelace knot at the back of your head.
- Take the tail of the section of hair hanging on your right and twist it right till the end.
- Roll this twisted section into a circular bun around the knot. You may use bobby pins and U-pins to hold them in place.
- Repeat for the other section, rolling it a bun in the opposite direction of the first section.
- Spritz on some hairspray to secure the updo in place.
Braided Flower Crown
- First, detangle your hair before pulling all your hair back.
- Pick up a section of hair from your head’s crown of your head, braiding it right till the end.
- Secure it in place with a hair tie.
- Repeat on two more sections of hair picked up from either side of the first section.
- Loosen all three braids.
- Then, begin to roll each braid in a circular manner (make sure the loosened side of the braid remains on the outside)
- Pin it down flat against your head to make it look like a flower.
- Spritz with light hold hairspray to set the braided flowers in place.
Half Up Bow
- Wash and dry your hair thoroughly.
- Next, apply a texturizing spray to your dried hair to give it hold.
- Part your hair down the middle.
- Pick up two big sections of hair from either side of your head and tie them into a ponytail one after the other.
- At the last twist of your hair, don’t pull your hair all the way through. Do this to create loops of your hair.
- Split this loop of hair into two and separate them with a sectioning clip.
- Lay the second loop flat against your head. Use a bobby pin to hold down and secure the underside. Repeat on the other loop.
- Flip the tail of your ponytail up and over the centre of the bow.
- Pin it to your head for a stronger hold.
- Spritz on some hairspray to set the bow in place.
- Spritz texturizing spray all over your hair and part the spritzed hair on one side.
- Pick up a medium-sized section of hair from the side with more hair. Make sure it’s near your parting.
- Split this section into two.
- Taking one part of the section at a time, twist the parts of the section towards your face right till the end.
- Next, intertwine these sections with each other away from your face, incorporating more into the twists from the side of your forehead.
- Once your twisted braid has reached the nape of your neck, add in all the hair from the back and split your hair equally into 2 sections again.
- Twist these sections one after the other, towards your face.
- Intertwine them with each other still keeping them away from your face.
- Secure the end of your twisted braid.
- Loosen the twisted braid for a fuller and finished look.
- Start with a regular three-strand braid.
- Next time you cross over, take a small strand and leave it out on each side.
- Carry on the regular three-strand process.
- On the next braid down, add the previously left out strand to the braid, but remember to leave out a part on each side.
- Repeat all the way down, tie with a non-snag elastic and fluff out
- Spritz on some hairspray to set in place.
View this post on Instagram